Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Olivier de Sagazan


(Click image to see larger)

Olivier de Sagazan is easily the best contemporary artist I have been exposed to anytime recently. He is an accomplished painter, sculptor and performance artist. What an amazing talent.

You can see and learn more at his official website nefdesfous.free.fr

Many thanks to Rennie Resmini for the excellent suggestion. Very special thanks to Olivier de Sagazan himself for being kind enough to allow me to repost his stunning work.


(Click image to see larger)






(Click image to see larger)

4 comments:

  1. Yes indeed. I have to say that seeing this artwork was like being slapped in the face in the best possible way. I haven't been so moved in a LONG time.

    The even more incredible thing is that de Sagazan was kind enough to promptly reply to my e-mail and be courteous.

    I can't even begin to count how many artists, bands and others I have sent Colors of the Dark related messages to that don't even reply. A simple "no thanks" would suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could only of dream of meeting a creator thats so deep and yet so hollow on the inside
    amazing , marvelous , magnifique!!!
    my biggest respect goes out to you for ur work and talent, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found it impossible to NOT watch this performance ...i am torn between revulsion and awe of this depicted separation that is decay and growth all ways astounding the images of Steppenwolf as i perceive them to be

    ReplyDelete